Fla. woman jailed after flipping off judge during court hearing
(CBS) -- Penelope Soto, a Florida woman, was jailed on Monday after flipping off a judge during her court hearing, CBS Miami reports.
Soto, 18, appeared in bond court for a drug possession hearing and laughed when the judge asked her if she was under the influence.
The judge told Soto, "We're not in a club, be serious about it." Soto said she was being serious.
He initially ordered Soto to be held on $5,000 bond, to which Soto laughed again and said, "Adios."
The judge summoned her back to the podium and increased her bond to $10,000. At that point, Soto stopped laughing.
"Are you serious?" Soto asked.
The judge replied, "I am serious. Adios."
Soto flipped him off and blurted an expletive as she walked away. The judge then ordered her held in contempt of court and sentenced her to 30 days in jail.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Arias to jury: Alexander's death "the worst mistake of my life"
- Cops: NC woman tried to poison family members' cheese
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered