Gilberto Valle Update: NYC police officer in cannibal case suggested putting wife on menu, prosecutors say
Federal prosecutors said Monday that Valle engaged in a grisly Internet chat with a man who said he was in India. They said Valle told the other man that his "girlfriend" and his wife were both 25-years-old, 5 feet 7 inches tall and 140 pounds.
According to prosecutors, the other man asked if the wife was vegetarian and Valle said yes. Prosecutors said the man told Valle her meat would be lower quality.
The 28-year-old Valle is charged with planning to kidnap, rape, kill and eat women. Lawyers say he was merely fantasizing and intended no violence.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty