Sarai Sierra Murder: Steven Sierra, husband of New York woman found dead in Turkey, hasn't told kids about mother's death
(CBS/AP) NEW YORK - The children of Sarai Sierra have yet to know that their mother was found dead in Turkey because their father hasn't had the strength to tell them that their mother is gone.
Steven Sierra spoke by telephone Monday from Istanbul on ABC-TV's "Good Morning America." He called his wife an amazing and caring person who loved their 9- and 11-year-old sons.
Sarai Sierra was on a solo vacation in Istanbul when she disappeared on Jan. 21. Her body was found 12 days later near the remnants of the city's ancient walls. Police said she suffered a fatal blow to the head.
Her husband traveled to Istanbul last week to help in the search. He intends to accompany her body back to her home in New York.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Matt Baker, "Murdering Minister," Gets 65 Years for Killing Wife
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Matt Baker Trial: Ex Mistress Vanessa Bulls Says Preacher Killed Wife
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- W.Va. girl pleads guilty in the killing of Skylar Neese, 16
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- School security guard allegedly pushes girl down stairs
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case