Sarai Sierra Murder: Steven Sierra, husband of New York woman found dead in Turkey, hasn't told kids about mother's death
(CBS/AP) NEW YORK - The children of Sarai Sierra have yet to know that their mother was found dead in Turkey because their father hasn't had the strength to tell them that their mother is gone.
Steven Sierra spoke by telephone Monday from Istanbul on ABC-TV's "Good Morning America." He called his wife an amazing and caring person who loved their 9- and 11-year-old sons.
Sarai Sierra was on a solo vacation in Istanbul when she disappeared on Jan. 21. Her body was found 12 days later near the remnants of the city's ancient walls. Police said she suffered a fatal blow to the head.
Her husband traveled to Istanbul last week to help in the search. He intends to accompany her body back to her home in New York.
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Utah police close Susan Powell case, offer new details
- Report: Texas girl dies after being abandoned in hot car
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web