Chris Kyle Murder: Eddie Ray Routh, Iraq War vet accused in shooting death of ex-Navy SEAL, on suicide watch
(CBS/AP) STEPHENVILLE, Texas - A Texas sheriff says the man charged with killing a former Navy SEAL and his friend was shocked with a stun gun and restrained in his jail cell after becoming aggressive.
Erath County Sheriff Tommy Bryant says 25-year-old Eddie Ray Routh is now on suicide watch.
Bryant says Routh also appeared ready to assault jailers Sunday night when they entered Routh's solitary confinement cell because he refused to return his food tray. Bryant says after using the stun gun once, jailers put Routh in a chair that restrains his arms and legs.
Routh is charged with fatally shooting Chris Kyle, author of the best-selling book "American Sniper," and his friend Chad Littlefield at a shooting range Saturday.
The sheriff says Routh has an attorney but hasn't met with him.
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Missing Univ. of Rhode Island student found safe
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Swim coach Richard Curl gets 7 years for sex abuse
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- N.J. cop accused of firebombing supervisor's home