Ten pounds of marijuana sent to Seattle Kmart, police say
Authorities received a call from the discount store reporting they had received a package containing garbage bags filled with the pot and foam peanuts. The package also contained Korean newspaper soaked with cleaning-fluid, the paper reports.
According to the Post-Intelligencer, police say the package was sent by UPS from Los Angeles to an address in Philadelphia, but instead it was delivered to the Seattle Kmart because someone listed it as the return address.
The paper reports police have retained the marijuana as evidence in the investigation and are continuing to look into where the package originated.
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Arias returns to court for penalty phase of trial
- Police: Ex-cop once hailed as hero charged with rape
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- 10-year-old killed after gunmen shoot into Calif. home
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Sources: Husband ordered cyanide before wife's death
- Cops: NYC man dead after "anti-gay" hate shooting
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case
- Authorities search for missing URI student
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty