Bear trap fails to foil burglar
The New Castle News reports that the woman told police that she usually keeps a large bear trap at the bottom of her basement steps, but forgot to set it on Sunday, and a burglar stole tools from the home.
According to the newspaper, someone broke into the house on the 400 block of Countyline Street early Sunday afternoon and made off with two cordless drills and chargers, plus a bag of tools.
Police say they suggested that the woman find a different way of protecting her home from intruders.
What's worse - any bear that reads this has now been alerted to the trap!
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Bulger Trial: Admitted killer Martorano calls self "nice guy"
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Cops: Fla. man beaten, robbed, left naked on first date
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Cleveland kidnap victims may get state govt. payments
- Police: Boy, 13, killed sister, 5, with wrestling moves
- Search for missing woman, 19, in Tempe, Ariz.
- Cops: Calif. math teacher had sex with boy multiple times
- N.M. Police: Grandmother unmasks robber, finds grandson
- Italian high court gives reason for new Knox trial
- Mother beats man she believes molested her kids
- Univ. of Chicago student missing for five days
- Affidavit: Drug deal led to murder of Ind. teen