Arizona Office Shooting Update: Lawyer wounded in shooting not expected to survive, report says
In a statement on Thursday, the law firm Osborn Maledon said," We have been informed that Mark will not survive from the shooting."
Police said Arthur Douglas Harmon, 70, killed Steve Singer, and also wounded Hummels and a 32-year-old woman at a Phoenix office building late Wednesday morning.
Harmon was found dead in a Mesa, Ariz. parking lot on Thursday morning. Police believe he died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
Police say the office shooting was not a random attack. According to court documents, Harmon was in a legal dispute with Scottsdale-based Fusion Contact Centers LLC, where Singer was the CEO. Hummels was representing Fusion in the lawsuit.
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Report: Boyfriend charged in murder of Conn. college coed
- Arias returns to court for penalty phase of trial
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Police: Ex-cop once hailed as hero charged with rape
- Cops: NYC man dead after "anti-gay" hate shooting
- Sources: Husband ordered cyanide before wife's death
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case
- Colorado mob attacks man thought to be sexual predator
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Authorities search for missing URI student
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home