Atlanta School Shooting: At least two wounded, including student reportedly shot in the head at middle school
A spokesman with Atlanta Fire Rescue Department confirmed to CBS Atlanta that a 14-year-old student had been shot in the head and was taken to Grady Memorial Hospital in downtown Atlanta.
According to the station, the second victim, a teacher, was treated at the scene for minor injuries. That teacher was not taken to the hospital.
Police did not release further details of the circumstances of the shooting.
Price Middle School is currently on lockdown.
A spokesperson with Atlanta Public Schools plans to hold a news conference on the shooting within an hour.
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Cops: Utah man shoots father-in-law during Mass
- Victim in Utah church shooting expected to survive
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Univ. of Chicago student missing for five days
- Digging resumes for Jimmy Hoffa remains today
- Hitman testifies "Whitey" Bulger "broke my heart"
- N.M. Police: Grandmother unmasks robber, finds grandson
- Report: Child sex sting in Florida nets 41 arrests
- Coroner: Serial killer, the "Night Stalker," died of cancer
- Affidavit: Drug deal led to murder of Ind. teen
- Mother beats man she believes molested her kids
- Ill. man dodges $70 restaurant bill, gets 3 years in prison
- Italian high court gives reason for new Knox trial