"Drug Diapers": Pair busted at JFK airport with cocaine in "diapers," feds say
Pena and Blassingale arrived at John F. Kennedy Airport on a JetBlue flight from the Dominican Republic on Saturday and were selected for inspection by customs agents because a drug-sniffing dog alerted agents to something around Pena's midsection, according to court documents.
CBS New York reports that according to an affidavit, agents searched Pena's luggage and said she appeared very nervous during the search.
An agent then requested a pat-down and Pena agreed. That is when the agent found a hard object around Pena's stomach and buttocks.
A partial strip search revealed a girdle, resembling a diaper and a silver plastic wrapper containing cocaine, CBS New York reports.
Pena was placed under arrest. Pena then told agents she was traveling with Blassingale, who was also searched and was found to also have cocaine in her homemade diaper, the station reports.
In total, both women were allegedly found with nearly seven kilos of cocaine.
Blassingale was in custody in Brooklyn and Pena was released on $150,000 bond.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Swim coach Richard Curl gets 7 years for sex abuse
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- N.H. woman get 40 years in prison for child porn
- Ex-judge charged with stealing cocaine from cases