"Drug Diapers": Pair busted at JFK airport with cocaine in "diapers," feds say
Pena and Blassingale arrived at John F. Kennedy Airport on a JetBlue flight from the Dominican Republic on Saturday and were selected for inspection by customs agents because a drug-sniffing dog alerted agents to something around Pena's midsection, according to court documents.
CBS New York reports that according to an affidavit, agents searched Pena's luggage and said she appeared very nervous during the search.
An agent then requested a pat-down and Pena agreed. That is when the agent found a hard object around Pena's stomach and buttocks.
A partial strip search revealed a girdle, resembling a diaper and a silver plastic wrapper containing cocaine, CBS New York reports.
Pena was placed under arrest. Pena then told agents she was traveling with Blassingale, who was also searched and was found to also have cocaine in her homemade diaper, the station reports.
In total, both women were allegedly found with nearly seven kilos of cocaine.
Blassingale was in custody in Brooklyn and Pena was released on $150,000 bond.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Cops: Mom arrested for stripping during school assembly
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Report: Alleged prison gang leader impregnated 4 guards
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Army: Soldier charged with videotaping women at West Point
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- 13-yr.-old girls targeted in Minn. abduction attempts
- Cops: NY man rescued after being held for ransom
- Death of infant son of religious couple ruled homicide