Arizona Office Shooting Update: 1 killed, suspect sought by police
Updated 10:59 PM ET
(CBS) PHOENIX - The Department of Public Safety has confirmed that authorities are looking for Arthur Harmon in connection to a shooting at a Phoenix office building Wednesday, CBS affiliate KPHO reports.
The Department of Public Safety said they have broadcast an "attempt to locate" for the 70-year-old Harmon on behalf of the Phoenix Police Department, the station reports.
Police believe Harmon walked into an office building about 10:30 a.m. Wednesday and shot at least three people before leaving the scene. KPHO reports victim Steve Singer, 48, died at the hospital from his injuries, according to police. Another victim is in critical condition, while a third person is expected to survive.
Police said they do not believe this was a random attack. They said the suspect had issues with his mortgage.
According to KPHO, police interviewed Harmon's adult son. Police said the suspect is married and they are trying to locate his wife.
Harmon is described as a 6' tall, white male who is about 220 pounds and was last seen wearing a red shirt and blue jeans.
He is driving a white 2013 Kia with the license plate AVS-2052.
The Department of Public Safety said he's possibly carrying two weapons, one of them a stainless steel handgun, according to KPHO.
More on Crimesider
Jan. 20, 2013 - Arizona Office Shooting Update: 3 injured, multiple rounds fired in shooting attack, report says
Jan. 20, 2013 - Several people injured in Phoenix office building shooting, report says
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Hitman testifies "Whitey" Bulger "broke my heart"
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, released from prison
- Cops: Utah man shoots father-in-law during Mass
- Calif. teacher accused of killing wife arrested after search
- Medical examiner resigns after 3 die in same hotel room
- Embattled ex-Elmo puppeteer wins 3 Daytime Emmys
- Joseph Naso, 79, on trial in "Double Initial" murders
- Calif. school district wins $2.6M in "false rape" case
- Report: Weekend violence leaves 7 dead, 46 shot in Chicago
- Affidavit: Drug deal led to murder of Ind. teen
- Univ. of Chicago student missing for five days
- Report: NY teacher admits sex with student, avoids jail
- Jimmy Hoffa search focuses on field in Detroit suburb
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Family friend arrested in murder of 10-yr.-old Md. girl