Arizona Office Shooting Update: 1 killed, suspect sought by police
Updated 10:59 PM ET
(CBS) PHOENIX - The Department of Public Safety has confirmed that authorities are looking for Arthur Harmon in connection to a shooting at a Phoenix office building Wednesday, CBS affiliate KPHO reports.
The Department of Public Safety said they have broadcast an "attempt to locate" for the 70-year-old Harmon on behalf of the Phoenix Police Department, the station reports.
Police believe Harmon walked into an office building about 10:30 a.m. Wednesday and shot at least three people before leaving the scene. KPHO reports victim Steve Singer, 48, died at the hospital from his injuries, according to police. Another victim is in critical condition, while a third person is expected to survive.
Police said they do not believe this was a random attack. They said the suspect had issues with his mortgage.
According to KPHO, police interviewed Harmon's adult son. Police said the suspect is married and they are trying to locate his wife.
Harmon is described as a 6' tall, white male who is about 220 pounds and was last seen wearing a red shirt and blue jeans.
He is driving a white 2013 Kia with the license plate AVS-2052.
The Department of Public Safety said he's possibly carrying two weapons, one of them a stainless steel handgun, according to KPHO.
More on Crimesider
Jan. 20, 2013 - Arizona Office Shooting Update: 3 injured, multiple rounds fired in shooting attack, report says
Jan. 20, 2013 - Several people injured in Phoenix office building shooting, report says
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Cops: Utah teen arrested in death of his 2 brothers
- Missing Univ. of Rhode Island student found safe
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Prosecutors: Accused killer Kelly Soo Park is a "flight risk"
- Zimmerman defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- Ex-teacher on FBI 'Most Wanted' list due in court in porn case
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Cops: Mom arrested for stripping during school assembly