Armed, dangerous man reported near Ohio University, school officials say
(CBS) ATHENS, Ohio - Ohio University officials are warning students about an armed and dangerous man near the Athens campus, CBS affiliate WBNS reports.
Just before 10a.m. on Wednesday, Ohio University Police reported an armed robbery at the Station Street Apartments.
According to the station, police said that a woman was robbed of $5 in the parking lot of building 5 at the Station Street Apartments at about 9:20a.m.
An armed and dangerous individual was reported fleeing the scene and heading to the direction of Stocker Center/Oxbow trail area, according to school officials.
An alert to Ohio University students told them to watch for a 30- to 35-year-old black male, just over 6 feet tall. He was wearing a blue hooded sweatshirt and blue jeans and carrying a handgun, according to WBNS.
The campus is reportedly not on lockdown, but Ohio University officials said that they brought additional officers on to campus at about 11a.m.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Arias to jury: Alexander's death "the worst mistake of my life"
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case