Kevin Jones, Pa. softball coach, accused of sex with girl, 14
According to a police affidavit obtained by the station, Jones told the victim he wanted her to think of him as a father figure.
Police say the girl was friends with Jones' daughter and he coached their softball team in the spring of 2012.
The victim's mother reported the relationship to police after the victim told her sister about the alleged sexual relationship, according to the police affidavit.
Police say there were a total of 1,400 e-mails that were exchanged between Jones and the victim and it was clear that a sexual relationship had occurred.
Jones is facing multiple felony charges including statutory rape, and deviant sexual intercourse with a minor, CBS Philly reports.
The victim alleges sexual contact occurred in Jones' home, where he lived with his wife and two children, the station says.
On Friday, police were planning to execute a search warrant on Jones' home, but in the early morning hours, Jones' trailer burned down. His cell phone and computer were destroyed in the fire, CBS Philly reports.
Police say the victim, who claims to be in love with Jones, warned him that police were coming.
"We did learn after that subsequently checking on various emails and stuff the female victim did tip off Mr. Jones and stated that they're coming, so we don't know if it was an accidental fire or intentional fire at this time," Lieutenant Ward said.
CBS Philly reports police are concerned there could be other victims ssince Jones coached several different teams over an eight-year period. They are asking parents in the area to speak to their teens.
Jones was sent to the Bucks County Prison and is being held on $2 million dollars bail.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Matt Baker, "Murdering Minister," Gets 65 Years for Killing Wife
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- W.Va. girl pleads guilty in the killing of Skylar Neese, 16
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Matt Baker Trial: Ex Mistress Vanessa Bulls Says Preacher Killed Wife
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- School security guard allegedly pushes girl down stairs
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan