Kinsley Wentzky, S.C. teacher, fired after accusations of sex with students
(CBS/WLTX) COLUMBIA, S.C. - Married South Carolina teacher Kinsley Wentzky was fired last week after being accused of having sex with two 17-year-old students, CBS affiliate WLTX reports.
The 34-year-old, who is charged with sexual battery, was fired from her teaching position after Richland School District One's board voted last Tuesday, Jan. 22, to terminate her contract.
Police arrested Wentzky on Jan. 8, 2013, for allegedly engaging in sexual intercourse with a 17-year-old male student in 2011 at a Columbia home on several occasions, WLTX reports. According to law enforcement, the school district was alerted to the situation by a parent on Dec. 27, and the school district immediately contacted law enforcement.
An arrest warrant reportedly says Wentzky admitted to having sexual relations with one student. She is also charged with having sex with a second student. Wentzky taught English at Dreher High, and had been at the school for seven years.
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot
- Report: Boyfriend charged in murder of Conn. college coed
- Police: Ex-cop once hailed as hero charged with rape
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Sources: Husband ordered cyanide before wife's death
- Arias returns to court for penalty phase of trial
- City sues "Robin Hood" group that prevents parking tickets
- Vegas police: Boy, 15, murdered over iPad
- Colorado mob attacks man thought to be sexual predator
- Official: College student faked kidnapping due to bad grade
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?