Victoria Moon Erickson, Atlanta food blogger, missing in Texas, report says
(CBS) HOUSTON - Victoria Moon Erickson, a 31-year-old chef traveling the country blogging, vanished in Houston last week, CBS affiliate KHOU reports.
Erickson, an Atlanta, Ga. native, had been chronicling a cross-country road trip to vegan kitchens across the nation, as well as her quest to find her long-lost brother, CBS Atlanta reports.
Her blog posts stopped last week after she apparently disappeared.
Erickson was last seen Monday, Jan. 21 at Pat Greer's Kitchen, a vegan kitchen in Houston, Texas. This is where she had been working and staying, according to CBS Atlanta.
KHOU reports Erickson arrived in Houston on Jan. 16.
Erickson reportedly left her dog, car, computer, cell phone and ID at Greer's and has not been seen since, according to KHOU.
Rosa Fitch, Erickson's close friend, told CBS Atlanta she is concerned that Erickson abandoned her life.
"There's been a few instances in her life where she's left a lot of things behind and started fresh somewhere," Fitch said. "But I've never known her to leave everything."
According to CBS Atlanta, Fitch is concerned Erickson is in a bad state of mind and is worried for her safety.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Report: Alleged prison gang leader impregnated 4 guards
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- Army: Soldier charged with videotaping women at West Point
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- "Wonderful person": Funeral held for slain Hofstra student
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- Cops: Mom arrested for stripping during school assembly
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Death of infant son of religious couple ruled homicide
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death