VIDEO: Would-be robber cries at gas station in Germany after store worker fights back
(CBS) -- New surveillance footage shows an armed robber at a German gas station crying on the floor after being beaten up by his would-be victim, according to Yahoo! News in the United Kingdom.
CCTV captured the masked suspect coming in the gas station located in Oldenburg, Germany and threatening the attendant, identified only as 20-year-old "Robert B," with a knife and demanding money, Yahoo reported.
The victim reportedly pushed the alarm button and rushed next door to grab a baseball bat, and repeatedly hit the attacker's head with it until he dropped the knife. The robber is then seen hugging and pleading with his victim to stop, according to Yahoo.
Yahoo reported that the robber was later arrested and will go to jail for at least five years.
- Report: Okla. teen vanishes while hiking in South America
- Report: NFL player not ruled out as suspect in murder probe
- Ex-Playmate pleads guilty in immigrant smuggling case
- Report: NFL player questioned in death investigation
- Atty: Martin family confident Zimmerman will be convicted
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Ariel Castro, alleged Cleveland kidnapper, appears in court
- Police: Boy, 13, killed sister, 5, with wrestling moves
- Okla. inmate executed in the 2000 death of a couple
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- "Modern-day slavery" case "all lies," suspect's mom says
- One of US FBI's most wanted nabbed in Mexico
- Calif. widow's home broken into 14 times, says she's leaving
- Cops: Fla. man beaten, robbed, left naked on first date
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released