Rick Ross Update: Police confirm rapper crashed Rolls Royce into building after gunfire
(CBS/AP) FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. - Fort Lauderdale police have confirmed that rapper Rick Ross was driving a Rolls Royce that crashed into a building Monday after shots were fired nearby.
Police say in a press release Ross and his companion, fashion designer Shateria L. Moragne-el, reported hearing multiple shots fired in their direction at around 5:00 a.m. Monday. Police say Ross lost control of the silver Rolls and crashed into an apartment building.
Neither Ross nor his passenger was injured and police say it did not appear that any bullets struck the Rolls.
The police report uses Ross's real name, William L. Roberts. Ross turned 37-years-old Monday.
Authorities say unknown suspects fled before police arrived. TV news footage showed a bullet hole in the window of a nearby restaurant.
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Missing Univ. of Rhode Island student found safe
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- Cops: Utah teen arrested in death of his 2 brothers
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Prosecutors: Accused killer Kelly Soo Park is a "flight risk"
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship