Vehicle witnesses say was driven by rapper Rick Ross crashes into building after gunfire
(CBS/WFOR) FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. - A vehicle witnesses say was being driven by rapper Rick Ross slammed into a building in Fort Lauderdale Monday after a possible drive-by shooting.
According to CBS Miami, police received reports of gunshots around 5 a.m. in the area of East Las Olas Boulevard and SE 15th Avenue. When officers arrived they found a newer model silver sedan which had crashed into the front of a building.
Various media outlets report that the vehicle was a Rolls Royce.
Witnesses reportedly told police that a man was behind the wheel of the car, with a woman in the passenger seat, when another vehicle pulled up alongside them and started shooting. While trying to escape the gunfire, the driver crashed through a fence and hit the building.
Police say by the time officers arrived, the driver and woman were gone, CBS Miami reports. According to WPLG, no one was injured in the incident.
Witnesses told multiple news outlets, including CBS Miami, that the driver of the car was rapper Rick Ross. Fort Lauderdale police would not confirm to Crimesider the names of anyone involved in the incident.
- Ex-Playmate pleads guilty in immigrant smuggling case
- Report: Okla. teen vanishes while hiking in South America
- FBI finds possible human remains at mobster's former home
- Missing Univ. of Chicago student's body found in lake
- Report: NFL player not ruled out as suspect in murder probe
- Calif. teen, once honored, now murder suspect, cops say
- Mother of La. girl allegedly killed by brother speaks out
- Cleveland kidnap victims may get state govt. payments
- Ariel Castro, alleged Cleveland kidnapper, appears in court
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Report: Calif. man stabs father, cuts off his own hands
- "Modern-day slavery" case "all lies," suspect's mom says
- Okla. inmate executed in the 2000 death of a couple
- Details surface about Zimmerman jury candidate pool