Vehicle witnesses say was driven by rapper Rick Ross crashes into building after gunfire
(CBS/WFOR) FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. - A vehicle witnesses say was being driven by rapper Rick Ross slammed into a building in Fort Lauderdale Monday after a possible drive-by shooting.
According to CBS Miami, police received reports of gunshots around 5 a.m. in the area of East Las Olas Boulevard and SE 15th Avenue. When officers arrived they found a newer model silver sedan which had crashed into the front of a building.
Various media outlets report that the vehicle was a Rolls Royce.
Witnesses reportedly told police that a man was behind the wheel of the car, with a woman in the passenger seat, when another vehicle pulled up alongside them and started shooting. While trying to escape the gunfire, the driver crashed through a fence and hit the building.
Police say by the time officers arrived, the driver and woman were gone, CBS Miami reports. According to WPLG, no one was injured in the incident.
Witnesses told multiple news outlets, including CBS Miami, that the driver of the car was rapper Rick Ross. Fort Lauderdale police would not confirm to Crimesider the names of anyone involved in the incident.
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Cops: Utah teen arrested in death of his 2 brothers
- Ex-teacher on FBI 'Most Wanted' list due in court in porn case
- Missing Univ. of Rhode Island student found safe
- Third Calif. law student charged in Vegas bird killing
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Zimmerman defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- Prosecutors: Accused killer Kelly Soo Park is a "flight risk"
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence