Debra Lafave, Fla. teacher convicted of sex with 14-year-old student, back on probation
(CBS/AP) TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - Debra Lafave, a former Florida teacher who was convicted in 2005 of having sex with a middle school student, is back on probation after a judge reversed a previous decision to lift restrictions agreed to in her original plea deal.
Lafave pleaded guilty in 2005 to having sex with a 14-year old boy.
Circuit Judge Lisa Campbell officially reinstated Debra Lafave's probation Thursday after an appellate court reversed a trial judge's order to end probation.
The justices called the previous trial judge's decision to release Lafave from probation early an "abuse of judicial power."
Lafave's probation is expected to continue for the next four years and two months, into 2017. Lafave must abide by a curfew from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. and an order to stay away from schools.
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Report: NFL player questioned in death investigation
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Atty: Martin family confident Zimmerman will be convicted
- Police: Boy, 13, killed sister, 5, with wrestling moves
- Bulger Trial: Admitted killer Martorano calls self "nice guy"
- Ariel Castro, alleged Cleveland kidnapper, appears in court
- Cops: Fla. man beaten, robbed, left naked on first date
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- One of US FBI's most wanted nabbed in Mexico
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Cleveland kidnap victims may get state govt. payments
- Search for missing woman, 19, in Tempe, Ariz.
- Cops: Calif. math teacher had sex with boy multiple times
- Calif. widow's home broken into 14 times, says she's leaving