Debra Lafave, Fla. teacher convicted of sex with 14-year-old student, back on probation
(CBS/AP) TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - Debra Lafave, a former Florida teacher who was convicted in 2005 of having sex with a middle school student, is back on probation after a judge reversed a previous decision to lift restrictions agreed to in her original plea deal.
Lafave pleaded guilty in 2005 to having sex with a 14-year old boy.
Circuit Judge Lisa Campbell officially reinstated Debra Lafave's probation Thursday after an appellate court reversed a trial judge's order to end probation.
The justices called the previous trial judge's decision to release Lafave from probation early an "abuse of judicial power."
Lafave's probation is expected to continue for the next four years and two months, into 2017. Lafave must abide by a curfew from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. and an order to stay away from schools.
- Report: Okla. teen vanishes while hiking in South America
- Report: NFL player not ruled out as suspect in murder probe
- Report: NFL player questioned in death investigation
- Ex-Playmate pleads guilty in immigrant smuggling case
- Atty: Martin family confident Zimmerman will be convicted
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Ariel Castro, alleged Cleveland kidnapper, appears in court
- Police: Boy, 13, killed sister, 5, with wrestling moves
- Okla. inmate executed in the 2000 death of a couple
- One of US FBI's most wanted nabbed in Mexico
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Calif. widow's home broken into 14 times, says she's leaving
- "Modern-day slavery" case "all lies," suspect's mom says
- Cops: Fla. man beaten, robbed, left naked on first date
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released