Danroy Henry Update: Family of student killed by cop say 1st official account of shooting was purposely misleading
Their lawyer says a press release issued the day after the 2010 shooting of Henry was tailored to protect police officers and served as a faulty "script" for the investigation.
The release was issued by the Mount Pleasant police chief.
Henry was a 20-year-old Pace University student from Easton, Mass. He was driving away from a disturbance outside a suburban Thornwood, N.Y., bar in October 2010 when he was fatally shot.
The officer who shot him said Henry was driving toward him and wouldn't stop.
That officer was cleared by a grand jury but is among several officers and jurisdictions being sued.
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- Arias to jury: Alexander's death "the worst mistake of my life"
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case