Melissa Ketunuti Update: Reward increased to $35K for information tied to Phila. pediatrician's murder
Ketunuti's partially nude body was found on fire by her dog walker in the basement of her Philadelphia home Monday afternoon.
Investigators said the likely cause of death wasstrangulation. Investigators also said Ketunuti's wrists and ankles were tied behind her back, CBS Philly reports.
In a news conference Tuesday, homicide division Captain James Clark said that the woman's body was found clad only in a shirt, although he did not believe she had been sexually assaulted, according to the station.
Authorities said there were no signs of forced entry into the home.
Clark said investigators were continuing to talk with neighbors and were analyzing surveillance tapes from the neighborhood. He said Ketunuti had a boyfriend, but he is not a suspect, CBS Philly reports.
Private donors have offered a $15,000 reward, which is in addition to a $20,000 reward that is already being offered by the city of Philadelphia for information in connection to the case.
Police are asking anyone who may have seen anything unusual in the neighborhood Monday to call 215-546-TIPS.
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Victim in Utah church shooting expected to survive
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Bulger Trial: Admitted killer Martorano calls self "nice guy"
- N.M. Police: Grandmother unmasks robber, finds grandson
- Italian high court gives reason for new Knox trial
- Mother beats man she believes molested her kids
- Univ. of Chicago student missing for five days
- Cops: Calif. math teacher had sex with boy multiple times
- Search for missing woman, 19, in Tempe, Ariz.
- Report: Child sex sting in Florida nets 41 arrests
- Cops: Fla. man beaten, robbed, left naked on first date
- Digging resumes for Jimmy Hoffa remains today
- Affidavit: Drug deal led to murder of Ind. teen