Texas College Shooting Update: Argument sparked shooting at Lone Star College, witnesses say
According to the station, police say at least three people including one of the men involved in the argument were injured in the Tuesday incident.
The shooting happened around 12:30 p.m. in the 2700 block of W.W. Thorne Drive, near Bush Intercontinental Airport., KHOU reports.
Authorities had at least one person in custody, according to a law enforcement official in Washington who spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity
According to KHOU, law enforcement officials area searching a wooded area north of campus among other places, for a second suspect believed to be a gunman.
The station reports that one male was brought out of the library on a stretcher and a woman was being treated outside the building by EMS crews. Witnesses reportedly said the man on the stretcher was handcuffed to it.
Melinda Muse, spokeswoman for the Harris County Health System, told The Associated Press two people were taken to Harris Health Ben Taub Hospital Emergency Center following the shooting.
The Harris County campus is on lockdown, but students are reportedly being allowed to leave. No one is being allowed to enter the campus.
Several other area schools were also on lockdown, KHOU reports.
The Lone Star College System has an enrollment of 90,000 students and six campuses, according to its website.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Report: Alleged prison gang leader impregnated 4 guards
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- "Wonderful person": Funeral held for slain Hofstra student
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- Army: Soldier charged with videotaping women at West Point
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Cops: Mom arrested for stripping during school assembly
- Death of infant son of religious couple ruled homicide
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death