Ky. teen has face slashed in mall attack, suspects sought by police, report says
Kyaw was attacked near the store where she works in Lexington's Fayette Mall around 5p.m. on January 15, according to WKYT.
"She cut my face, like an "X" mark kind of," Kyaw told the station.
WKYT reports Kyaw recognized one of her attackers because they had an ex-boyfriend in common. She told the station that the woman sent her threatening messages on Facebook prior to the incident but she never expected the harassment to turn into a physical attack.
The woman Kyaw knew approached her while another woman grabbed her from behind, WKYT reports.
"She literally looked me dead in my eyes and smiled at me before she did this to me. Next thing you know, like, I was on the ground," she told WKYT.
Kyaw suffered multiple cuts to her face and bruising from where she was beaten. According to Kyaw, a witness told her the suspects had been waiting there for hours.
Lexington police say they are still talking to witnesses but if they do find the people responsible they will be charged with second degree assault.
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- "Wonderful person": Funeral held for slain Hofstra student
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- Death of infant son of religious couple ruled homicide
- Report: Alleged prison gang leader impregnated 4 guards
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls