Jewish Torah, valued at $30,000, stolen in Brooklyn
"The Torah scroll is holy and its safe return is important," said Assemblyman Dov Hikind. "Anyone with any information should contact the 66th Precinct."
Around 6 p.m. Saturday, a man reported his gray 2007 Toyota Corolla was stolen from the 3700 block of 18th Avenue, police said. Inside the car was the victim's personal property as well as the $30,000 Torah.
A $3,000 reward is being offered for information leading to the scrolls' safe return.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles