Eric Ramsey, Mich. rape suspect, reportedly posted he was "about to get shot" before being killed by police
Police believe Eric Ramsey, 30, kidnapped a female student on the campus of Central Michigan University at gunpoint on Wednesday night. He allegedly drove her to his home, then tied her up and sexually assaulted her.
After the assault, police say Ramsey put the woman back in the car, got two gas tanks and began driving. While they were driving, Ramsey allegedly told the woman that he was going to kill her.
According to WWMT, that's when the woman jumped from the moving vehicle and ran to a nearby home where a resident let her inside and locked the door.
While the woman was calling police, WWMT reports that Ramsey allegedly poured gasoline on the house and lit it on fire. Four other people were inside the home at the time.
Ramsey fled the scene. One of the home owners was able to quickly put the fire out.
Several hours later, police learned that Ramsey had rammed a Michigan State Police cruiser in a sanitation truck about 70 miles away.
The deputy got out of the vehicle and ran to the cab of the truck. Shots were fired and Ramsey was fatally wounded.
According to WWMT, Ramsey's last Facebook post states: "Well folkes im about to get shot. Peace" (sic).
Ramsey has been in trouble with the law before. His rap sheet has several convictions for assault.
Police say that their investigation continues.
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Missing Univ. of Rhode Island student found safe
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- Cops: Utah teen arrested in death of his 2 brothers
- Prosecutors: Accused killer Kelly Soo Park is a "flight risk"
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship