Patrick Leach, son of "Barney" co-creator, arrested in shooting of neighbor
(CBS/AP) MALIBU, Calif. - Authorities say Patrick Leach, son of the co-creator of long-running children's show "Barney and Friends," was arrested in connection with the shooting of a Malibu neighbor.
Los Angeles County sheriff's spokesman Steve Whitmore said 27-year-old Leach was arrested on Jan. 9 and released on $1 million bail.
The shooting allegedly involved an ongoing dispute between Leach and the neighbor, who Whitemore says is in critical condition but expected to survive.
Leach allegedly fled by car and was arrested a couple miles away, minutes after authorities arrived on scene.
Leach is the son of Sheryl Leach, co-creator of the popular PBS show about a purple dinosaur who plays and sings with children.
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Victim in Utah church shooting expected to survive
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Bulger Trial: Admitted killer Martorano calls self "nice guy"
- N.M. Police: Grandmother unmasks robber, finds grandson
- Italian high court gives reason for new Knox trial
- Mother beats man she believes molested her kids
- Univ. of Chicago student missing for five days
- Cops: Calif. math teacher had sex with boy multiple times
- Search for missing woman, 19, in Tempe, Ariz.
- Report: Child sex sting in Florida nets 41 arrests
- Cops: Utah man shoots father-in-law during Mass
- Digging resumes for Jimmy Hoffa remains today
- Affidavit: Drug deal led to murder of Ind. teen