Ky. men killed drug dealer to "rid the world of evil," police say
Boone County Sheriff's Department spokesman Tom Scheben said Thursday the men told authorities they killed Daniel Delfin earlier this month to "rid the world of evil," but he wasn't sure exactly what they meant.
Delfin had been arrested in May 2012 for trafficking heroin near a Kentucky high school, according to WKYT.
Police say 21-year-old Jeffrey Allen, 23-year-old Anthony Baumgartner, and 22-year-old Stephen Harkness lured the 19-year-old Delfin to the town of Walton, near Cincinnati, with the ruse of buying drugs. Police say they beat Delfin and drove him to a field where he was beaten again and strangled.
Authorities say the men then used a machete and possibly a saw to dismember Delfin.
Investigators on Thursday were still searching for some of Delfin's remains, WKYT reports.
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot
- Report: Boyfriend charged in murder of Conn. college coed
- Police: Ex-cop once hailed as hero charged with rape
- Sources: Husband ordered cyanide before wife's death
- Arias returns to court for penalty phase of trial
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case
- Colorado mob attacks man thought to be sexual predator
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Cops: NYC man dead after "anti-gay" hate shooting
- City sues "Robin Hood" group that prevents parking tickets
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Official: College student faked kidnapping due to bad grade