Lauren Spierer Update: Parents of missing Indiana University student mark daughter's 22nd birthday
Spierer has been missing for more than 18 months. She disappeared on June 3, 2011 after a night out with friends in Bloomington, Ind., where she went to school.
She left without her shoes or cell phone and was later seen on surveillance video stumbling out of an elevator at her apartment. She was last seen wearing black pants and a white top, CBS New York reports.
"Today is Lauren's birthday. There will be no gifts mailed to Bloomington, no cake, no candles, no excited anticipation as the celebration of one so loved approaches. We are left only with the gifts the person responsible for Lauren's disappearance has given our family, despair, heartache and loss," Lauren's parents, Robert and Charlene Spierer, posted on their website Thursday.
Months of searches following her disappearance turned up nothing and no arrests have been made. According to CBS New York, police say they have received more than 2,400 tips in the case.
Last year, the Spierers said they realize their daughter is likely dead, but said they will never give up trying to find her.
Anyone with information regarding the disappearance should contact Beau Dietl Associates at 1-800-777-9366, www.investigations.com or the Bloomington Police Department at (812)339-4477.
For more information, visit the family's website www.findlauren.com.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles