Joliet Murders: Victims of grisly murder were friends with suspects, report says
Pictures: Four charged with grisly Ill. murders
Adam Landerman, 19, Alisa Massaro, 18, Bethany McKee, 18, and Joshua Miner, 24, have been accused of luring Terrance Rankins and Eric Glover, both 22, to Massaro's home on Jan. 10, then robbing and killing both victims.
The suspects also allegedly tried to dismember Rankins' and Glover's bodies.
CBS Chicago reports that a friend of Rankins shared a photo that had been posted on Rankins' Instagram profile just two days before his murder. It appeared Rankins might have taken the photo of Landerman and McKee, who are facing each other in the picture, with a mirror in Landerman's lap, and markings on his face.
It is unclear what the group was doing at the time.
"This is something that had been brewing in their system for a long time. That was some diabolical acting right there," said George Leftridge, a friend of the victims. "Ain't no excuse out here. It can't be no drug out here going to make a person do that."
Joliet Police Chief Michael Trafton said the four suspects were not tested for drugs or alcohol when they were arrested.
Landerman is the son of a Joliet police sergeant.
Pictures posted to what appear to be Landerman's and McKee's Facebook pages also showed gory self-portraits.
County records showed Massaro has a restraining order against Miner, who has an extensive criminal record - including a pending child pornography charge.
Trafton said he's never seen such a disturbing crime scene in his 27 years on the job.
The suspects are due back in court on Feb. 5.
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- Swim coach Richard Curl gets 7 years for sex abuse
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- N.J. cop accused of firebombing supervisor's home
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan