Gabrielle Swainson Update: Father of missing South Carolina teen doubts she is alive
"It's been way too much time," said Alvin Thompson, Swainson's father, according to CBS affiliate WLTX. "Only one person knows that for sure: him."
Thompson was speaking about Freddie Grant, the man accused of kidnapping Gabrielle. Grant was found guilty on Tuesday of having ammunition while being a convicted felon in a separate federal case.
Authorities say they found shotgun shells and .38-caliber bullets when they raided Grant's home in August while searching for evidence in the teen's disappearance, WLTX reports.
Defense attorney John Delgado says Grant will stay in the Lexington County Detention Center until he's sentenced in April.
Grant is also charged with kidnapping the 15-year-old Columbia girl. Authorities say Grant took the teen Aug. 18.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Cops: Mom arrested for stripping during school assembly
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Report: Alleged prison gang leader impregnated 4 guards
- 13-yr.-old girls targeted in Minn. abduction attempts
- Army: Soldier charged with videotaping women at West Point
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Cops: NY man rescued after being held for ransom
- Report: Fla. man stops to steal beer during police chase