"Garbage sweep": 30 alleged mobsters arrested in NY, NJ trash hauling investigation
Members of three of New York City's five organized crime families are in custody, according to the station. A source told 1010 WINS that most of those arrested are members of the Genovese crime family. The New York Daily News says members of the Gambino and Lucchese families are also in custody.
More than 30 people have been arrested on charges including extortion, but no bosses or high-ranking members of the crime families are under arrest, 1010 WINS reports.
According to CBS New York, the suspects are expected to be arraigned this afternoon in Manhattan Federal Court.
- Report: NFL player questioned in death investigation
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Atty: Martin family confident Zimmerman will be convicted
- Police: Boy, 13, killed sister, 5, with wrestling moves
- Ariel Castro, alleged Cleveland kidnapper, appears in court
- One of US FBI's most wanted nabbed in Mexico
- Cops: Fla. man beaten, robbed, left naked on first date
- Report: Okla. teen vanishes while hiking in South America
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Calif. widow's home broken into 14 times, says she's leaving
- Bulger Trial: Admitted killer Martorano calls self "nice guy"
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Okla. inmate executed in the 2000 death of a couple
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Cleveland kidnap victims may get state govt. payments