Charles Ross, Fla. man, arrested for giving wedgies outside movie theater, police say
(CBS/AP) BRADENTON, Fla. - Police arrested a YouTube prankster on Sunday for allegedly giving wedgies to people outside a Florida movie theater.
Bradenton police said 18-year-old Charles Ross was booked into Manatee County Jail on battery charges. He was released Monday on a $750 bond.
A police report said Ross is known for videotaping pranks and harassing people in Manatee County, then putting the footage on YouTube. A recent video of Ross kissing strangers has garnered nearly 400,00 views.
Police said Ross grabbed people by the back of the pants and pulled them up, hard. Several victims said they were too embarrassed to press charges.
Ross said he doesn't disagree with the charge and that he apologizes for offending anyone, CBS affiliate WTSP reports.
"It was a joke I was playing. It doesn't mean it's OK, what I was doing. I think it was fair," he said.
Ross said he will continue to make videos despite his arrest.
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- Cops: NC woman tried to poison family members' cheese
- "Wonderful person": Funeral held for slain Hofstra student
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Death of infant son of religious couple ruled homicide