Son arrested in theft of dad's body from Detroit cemetery
Officer George Day says the 48-year-old son of Clarence Bright was arrested Tuesday after officers found Bright's empty casket in the back of his van. He says Bright's body was later found in the basement of the arrested son's home on Detroit's east side.
A 38-year-old man was also arrested. The suspects' names have not been released. No charges have been filed.
Bright's body and casket were stolen from Gethsemane Cemetery on Monday morning. The 93-year-old's funeral was held Saturday, but the ground was too soggy for his burial.
Mortician's assistant Leon Jones, of Swanson Funeral Home, says it's a "very bizarre" situation.
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Victim in Utah church shooting expected to survive
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Cops: Utah man shoots father-in-law during Mass
- Univ. of Chicago student missing for five days
- Digging resumes for Jimmy Hoffa remains today
- N.M. Police: Grandmother unmasks robber, finds grandson
- Mother beats man she believes molested her kids
- Report: Child sex sting in Florida nets 41 arrests
- Italian high court gives reason for new Knox trial
- Hitman testifies "Whitey" Bulger "broke my heart"
- Affidavit: Drug deal led to murder of Ind. teen
- Coroner: Serial killer, the "Night Stalker," died of cancer
- Ill. man dodges $70 restaurant bill, gets 3 years in prison