John McAfee Update: Software founder wanted for questioning in Belize death settles in Portland, Ore.
(CBS/KOIN) PORTLAND, Ore. - Anti-virus software founder John McAfee has settled in Oregon after weeks of evading authorities from Belize who want to ask him about the death of his neighbor.
According to CBS affiliate KOIN, McAfee plans to buy a house in Portland, where he's collaborating with a blogger on a cartoon book and a movie about his life.
"We have sort of a collective," he said. "And Portland is the central place for that."
McAfee was deported from Guatemala after sneaking in illegally from Belize, where police want to question him in connection with the death of Gregory Viant Faull, a U.S. expatriate, who lived near him on an island off Belize's coast. U.S. officials said there was no active arrest for warrant for McAfee that would justify taking him into custody.
The software founder told the Oregonian he is working to keep his name in the media and spark controversy in order to help in the future sale of his book and movie.
"I need to sell this book and this comic novel and this documentary," McAfee reportedly said. "I can't do it unless people feel highly charged one way or the other, right?
Finally, an honest man.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Arias to jury: Alexander's death "the worst mistake of my life"
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Utah police close Susan Powell case, offer new details
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web