Jovan Belcher was legally drunk at time of murder-suicide, autopsy says
Belcher's blood-alcohol level was reportedly .17, more than twice the legal limit, according to the paper.
The autopsy for Perkins, Belcher's girlfriend and the mother of his 3-month-old daughter, showed that she had almost no alcohol in her system, according to The Kansas City Star.
The paper reports that both autopsies showed no presence of other drugs in either individual.
Police say the 25-year-old Belcher emptied his .40-caliber handgun into 22-year-old Perkins the morning of Dec. 1 after an argument in their Missouri home. He then drove to his team's practice facility in Arrowhead Stadium and thanked general manager Scott Pioli and coach Romeo Crennel before killing himself in the parking lot.
Authorities have not released a motive for the murder-suicide but it has been reported that the couple had multiple problems and Belcher's mother, Cheryl Shepherd, moved in with the couple to try to help them. Shepherd called 911 the morning of the murder to report that her son had shot Perkins.
Belcher is also reported to have had a secret-girlfriend with whom he spent the night before his death, according to The Kansas City Star.
Shepherd and Perkins' family are currently in a dispute over who will retain guardianship over the couple's baby, Zoey.
- Ex-Playmate pleads guilty in immigrant smuggling case
- Missing Univ. of Chicago student's body found in lake
- FBI finds possible human remains at mobster's former home
- Report: Okla. teen vanishes while hiking in South America
- Mother of La. girl allegedly killed by brother speaks out
- Ariel Castro, alleged Cleveland kidnapper, appears in court
- Cleveland kidnap victims may get state govt. payments
- Calif. teen, once honored, now murder suspect, cops say
- Report: NFL player not ruled out as suspect in murder probe
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Report: Calif. man stabs father, cuts off his own hands
- Report: 2 NY men arrested in alleged radiation terror plot
- "Modern-day slavery" case "all lies," suspect's mom says
- Okla. inmate executed in the 2000 death of a couple