Three arrested in hostage-taking, robbery at Nordstrom store, L.A. police say
(CBS/AP) LOS ANGELES - Police have arrested three suspects after a department store shooting at a Nordstrom Rack in Southern California where 14 employees were taken hostage on Thursday, authorities said.
Sgt. Dennis Beacham told The Associated Press on Sunday that the arrests were made, but declined to elaborate further. The Los Angeles Times reported that one of the suspects was taken into custody Friday and another on Saturday.
Investigators had strong evidence including physical evidence and security footage that linked the men to the three-hour ordeal robbery on Thursday, the Times reported.
The men were not identified and police did not release details of the arrests.
One employee was stabbed and another was sexually assaulted before the robbery ended early Friday at the Nordstrom Rack store at a shopping center near Los Angeles International Airport.
Police officers and SWAT team members swarmed the shopping center and found most of the hostages locked in a storage room and two others in a bathroom, police said. The employee who was stabbed was treated and released at the scene.
To help identify the suspects, detectives conducted numerous witness interviews and examined surveillance video from inside and outside Nordstrom Rack as well as from surrounding businesses.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Swim coach Richard Curl gets 7 years for sex abuse
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- N.H. woman get 40 years in prison for child porn
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths