Ebony Jackson, Okla. mom, found shot dead in trunk in St. Louis after baby found abandoned
The St. Louis coroner's office announced Thursday that Jackson, 30, died of a gunshot wound to the neck. Her body was found in a car outside of a condemned house in north St. Louis, according to CBS St. Louis. Police continue to seek clues in her death.
Jackson is a former East St. Louis, Ill., resident who relocated to Oklahoma City. She and her 3-month-old son, Donovan Prom, were in the St. Louis area visiting family, CBS St. Louis reports.
A resident of the apartment complex in Breckenridge Hills found the baby in a car seat at 5 a.m. Friday, Jan. 4 and contacted police. Authorities say Jackson had no known connection to the apartment building.
The baby will remain in state custody until a paternity test confirms that Jackson's boyfriend, Craig Prom, is the father, CBS St. Louis reports.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles
- Jodi Arias Trial: Jury weighs "cruelty" factor