Shooting reported at high school in Taft, Calif.
(CBS/AP) TAFT, Calif. - A shooting has been reported at a high school in Taft, Calif. One student is said to have been shot.
Kern County sheriff's spokesman Ray Pruitt also says a suspect is in custody and is believed to be a student as well..Pruitt says the wounded student was flown to a hospital in Bakersfield.
He says it's believed a shotgun was used in the attack.
Taft is a community of about 7,000 some 120 miles northwest of Los Angeles, in the southern San Joaquin Valley.
City manager's assistant Debra Elliott says the shooting was reported shortly after 9 a.m. Thursday.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Matt Baker, "Murdering Minister," Gets 65 Years for Killing Wife
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Matt Baker Trial: Ex Mistress Vanessa Bulls Says Preacher Killed Wife
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- W.Va. girl pleads guilty in the killing of Skylar Neese, 16
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- School security guard allegedly pushes girl down stairs
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship