Dexter Oliver, man accused of setting girlfriend on fire, arrested in Oakland
Oliver, 22, was arrested by the San Francisco PD's Special Investigations Division and the U.S. Marshal's Service Task Force on suspicion of attempted murder and arson. He was reportedly taken into custody without incident and transported to San Francisco to be booked into county jail.
The victim, Starr LaMare, a woman in her 20s, was found suffering from severe burns after callers reported hearing a woman screaming around 12:15 p.m. Sunday, CBS San Francisco reports, according to Officer Carlos Manfredi.
The woman was taken to St. Francis Hospital's burn center, where she is being treated for life threatening injuries, Manfredi told the station.
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Cops: Hosftra student was killed by officer's gunshot
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Report: Boyfriend charged in murder of Conn. college coed
- Arias returns to court for penalty phase of trial
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Police: Ex-cop once hailed as hero charged with rape
- Cops: NYC man dead after "anti-gay" hate shooting
- Sources: Husband ordered cyanide before wife's death
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case
- Colorado mob attacks man thought to be sexual predator
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Authorities search for missing URI student
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home