Steubenville Rape Case: Student in online video leaves Ohio State, lawyer cites threats
According to the Steubenville Herald Star, Michael Nodianos' attorney says someone has hacked into his client's email and social media accounts and the email accounts of his family members. They've also reportedly had to change cell phones.
""The Nodianos family hopes this will die down after the case is resolved and he can go back to college and return to the normal life of a college student," McNamara said in the press conference.
McNamara said people were attempted to find Nodianos' class schedule and even came to his dormitory looking for him, the Daily Beast reports.
Two teenage boys are set for trial next month in juvenile court in Steubenville, a city of about 18,000, on charges that they raped a 16-year-old girl in August. Their attorneys have denied the charges in court.
McNamara said Monday that Nodianos, a 2012 graduate of Steubenville High School and an Ohio State University academic scholarship student this past fall, was ashamed and embarrassed about his comments in the now infamous video and the effect his behavior has had, especially on his family.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Report: Alleged prison gang leader impregnated 4 guards
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Army: Soldier charged with videotaping women at West Point
- Cops: Mom arrested for stripping during school assembly
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- "Wonderful person": Funeral held for slain Hofstra student
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- Death of infant son of religious couple ruled homicide
- 13-yr.-old girls targeted in Minn. abduction attempts