Phila. man pleads guilty to killing toddler with drain cleaner
Pace pleaded guilty Wednesday to third-degree murder in the February 2010 death of 20-month-old Sulaiman Orrell-Kirkland.
CBS Philadelphia reports it was a painful, torturous death that occurred over five days. The boy had burns over roughly 20 percent of his body. According to investigators, Pace committed the act because the boy was fussing and crying during bathtime.
Pace, who was a family friend of the victim, admitted he got mad and grabbed a container of drain-cleaning crystals and rubbed them over the boy's body with a rag.
The defendant, described by his defense attorney as "low functioning" with a low IQ, said he was sorry and was taking responsibility for his actions.
Members of Pace's family were ejected from the courtroom for swearing and threatening the victim's family.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Jodi Arias Trial: Jury weighs "cruelty" factor
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Hofstra Univ. student, suspect killed in home invasion