Police fatally shoot Phoenix driver; boy, 5, found safe in front seat
Sgt. Trent Crump says the motorist evaded a traffic stopafter he appeared to be impaired.
Crump says officers later shot at the car and killed the driver after the vehicle struck a brick wall at a home and the man tried to drive off - first in one direction towards officers and then in another direction toward a different officer.
The identity of the fatally shot driver has not been released.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Hofstra Univ. student, suspect killed in home invasion
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles
- Jodi Arias Trial: Jury weighs "cruelty" factor
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman