Thieves steal $300,000 in wire from set of "Anchorman 2" in Atlanta
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports that the warehouse is being used for filming of the sequel to the 2004 comedy film "Anchorman."
Police said the thieves stripped the wiring from the building, one of several break-ins in recent weeks in the Defoors Ferry Road area. Another theft happened Monday, less than a half-mile from the warehouse where "Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues" is being filmed.
Atlanta police said the warehouse is being rented to Paramount Worldwide Productions for the making of the sequel. The thieves apparently entered through a rear garage door, then used a winch to pull wire out of the walls.
- Jury foreman: Jodi Arias "not a good witness"
- Hung jury reportedly emotional at Jodi Arias trial
- Atty.: New Trayvon Martin texts, photos are "red herrings"
- Cops: N.Y. girl leaves suicide note claiming she was bullied
- Kaitlyn Hunt rejects plea deal in underage sex case
- Police: Boston math tutor also meth trafficker
- Hung jury in Arias penalty phase, new panel to be chosen
- Kaitlyn Hunt: "I'm scared of losing the rest of my life..."
- Investigator: Missing Iowa teen's blood found
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Woman guilty of stabbing fiance to death on wedding day
- Plea deadline is today for Fla. teen Kaitlyn Hunt
- School security guard allegedly pushes girl down stairs
- Fla. man accidentally calls 911 and reveals murder plan
- Cops: Pa. couple stabbed each other over "American Idol"
- Iowa kidnapping suspect probed in cousins' 2012 deaths