Caleb Grotberg, Ore. man, accused of choking girlfriend with his dreadlocks, report says
(CBS/AP) PORTLAND, Ore. - Caleb Grotberg, an Oregon man, was arrested Monday for allegedly choking his girlfriend with his dreadlocks, CBS affiliate KOIN reports.
Police said officers responded to a domestic violence report early Monday when a woman told them that her boyfriend assaulted her and then choked her with his dreadlocks, which are matted ropes of hair.
Portland police Sgt. Pete Simpson said the woman was taken to a hospital for treatment of numerous non-life-threatening injuries.
Grotberg, 32, was arrested for investigation of several domestic violence felony crimes, including strangulation, fourth-degree assault and second-degree kidnapping. He was booked into Multnomah County Jail and will be arraigned Tuesday.
- Jodi Arias jury: We can't decide sentence
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- "Anonymous" vows to petition Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Report: Alleged prison gang leader impregnated 4 guards
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Ronald Poppo, victim of "cannibal attack," thanks doctors
- Cops: Barbara Walters' daughter charged with DUI in Fla.
- "Wonderful person": Funeral held for slain Hofstra student
- Police recover backpacks of 2 kidnapped Iowa girls
- Army: Soldier charged with videotaping women at West Point
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Friend: Man charged in missing Maine teen's death knew her
- Massive search underway for abducted teen in Iowa
- Death of infant son of religious couple ruled homicide
- Cops: Mom arrested for stripping during school assembly
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead