Jersey Bridgeman Murder Update: Prosecutor seeks death penalty for Zachary Holly, acccused of killing Ark. girl, 6
Prosecutor Van Stone told The Associated Press Monday he plans to pursue the death penalty for 28-year-old Holly.
Stone said Holly pleaded not guilty Monday to capital murder, rape, kidnapping and residential burglary charges in Bentonville, about 215 miles northwest of Little Rock.
Authorities arrested Holly several days after Bridgeman was found dead Nov. 20, 2012 in a vacant home next to Holly's.
Stone says Holly is due back in court Feb. 28.
Jersey's death came about a year after her father admitted to chaining her to a dresser. He is serving an 18-year prison sentence in that case.
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Victim in Utah church shooting expected to survive
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Bulger Trial: Admitted killer Martorano calls self "nice guy"
- N.M. Police: Grandmother unmasks robber, finds grandson
- Italian high court gives reason for new Knox trial
- Mother beats man she believes molested her kids
- Univ. of Chicago student missing for five days
- Report: Child sex sting in Florida nets 41 arrests
- Digging resumes for Jimmy Hoffa remains today
- Cops: Calif. math teacher had sex with boy multiple times
- Cops: Utah man shoots father-in-law during Mass
- Search for missing woman, 19, in Tempe, Ariz.
- Affidavit: Drug deal led to murder of Ind. teen