Dexter Oliver Search: Calif. police seek man accused of setting girlfriend on fire
(CBS) SAN FRANCISCO - San Francisco police are searching for a man who allegedly threw a flammable liquid on a woman he was dating and set her on fire outside a laundromat on Sunday afternoon, causing severe injuries, CBS San Francisco reports.
According to the woman's sister, the incident occurred as the two fought over whether to leave clothes at the laundromat, the Los Angeles Times reports.
CBS San Francisco reports, the victim, a 25-year-old mother of three identified by family members as Starr LaMare, was found suffering from severe burns after callers reported hearing a woman screaming around 12:15 p.m., according to Officer Carlos Manfredi.
The burns were reportedly caused when someone threw a flammable liquid on her and set her on fire, Manfredi told the station.
"I seen [her] on fire, she was just running and she was taking off her sweater," a witness said.
LaMare was taken to St. Francis Hospital's burn center, where she is being treated for life threatening injuries, Manfredi said.
According to the victim's sister, Precious Craig, most of LaMare's face was burnt.
Dexter Oliver, the 22-year-old suspect, is thought to have had a dating relationship with the victim.
He is described as being approximately 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighing 155 pounds. He was last seen wearing a red and white hooded jacket, dark pajama pants with a multi-colored shamrock print, and gray and red Nike tennis shoes. He has a haircut that includes fish shaved on one side of his head and lightning bolt on the other, Manfredi told the station.
Oliver faces attempted murder and arson charges. Anyone who comes into contact with him is asked to contact San Francisco police immediately.
- 4 accused of holding mother, child captive in Ohio
- Bulger Trial: Admitted killer Martorano calls self "nice guy"
- Walter Lee Williams is 500th on FBI's "Most Wanted" list
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Cops: Fla. man beaten, robbed, left naked on first date
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Cleveland kidnap victims may get state govt. payments
- Police: Boy, 13, killed sister, 5, with wrestling moves
- Search for missing woman, 19, in Tempe, Ariz.
- Cops: Calif. math teacher had sex with boy multiple times
- N.M. Police: Grandmother unmasks robber, finds grandson
- Italian high court gives reason for new Knox trial
- Mother beats man she believes molested her kids
- Univ. of Chicago student missing for five days
- Affidavit: Drug deal led to murder of Ind. teen