Louisiana Mall Fight: 6 teens arrested in massive brawl that shut down Baton Rouge mall, report says
(CBS/AP) BATON ROUGE, La. - Police arrested six teenagers after a massive brawl shut down a shopping mall in Louisiana on Saturday night, CBS affiliate WWL-TV reports.
More than 200 teens were in the Mall of Louisiana's food court when a large fight broke out. Baton Rouge police and Louisiana State Police arrived to help evacuate the mall, according to WWL-TV. The mall shut down early for the night after everyone was evacuated.
East Baton Rouge Sheriff's deputies arrested three boys and three girls, ages 13 to 15. Spokeswoman Casey Rayborn Hicks told The Advocate that the six were booked on several charges, including disturbing the peace, simple battery and resisting an officer.
Witnesses told the newspaper that the trouble started after Instagram users posted an invitation to their followers on social media telling them to come and meet them in person at the mall.
Hicks said deputies were still investigating how the fight started. No injuries were reported.
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Jodi Arias Lawyer: Defense won't call more witnesses
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Utah police close Susan Powell case, offer new details
- Report: Texas girl dies after being abandoned in hot car
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web
- Jodi Arias: A timeline of a sensational murder case