New Jersey man arrested in NYC "Cannibal Cop" case, FBI says
Michael Vanhise was arrested in Trenton and charged in federal court papers unsealed Friday in Manhattan.
The FBI says Vanhise agreed to pay $5,000 to Officer Gilberto Valle for the abduction last year. Vanhise also admitted to emailing others about kidnapping, raping and killing women and children.
Valle was charged last year with targeting victims through a law enforcement database. He allegedly wanted to kidnap, rape, kill and eat women.
The officer's lawyer says Valle was engaging in sexual fantasies and intended no violence.
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Ariel Castro's lawyer says he'll plead not guilty
- Meeting Jodi Arias: First impressions never lie, or do they?
- Jodi Arias jury finds killing merits possible death penalty
- Creighton Univ. professor, wife, found slain in Omaha home
- 'Kai the hatchet-wielding hitchhiker' arrested
- "The War in Chicago": A 48 Hours investigation
- Cops: Hofstra student died in police-involved shooting
- 17-year-old charged with murdering two Ohio brothers
- Cops: DNA confirms remains those of Ga. college freshman
- Defense lawyer: Jodi Arias will speak "about who she is"
- Boy, 12, appears in court in sister's fatal stabbing
- Texas woman's body found 2 days after 911 call
- Arias jury hears of anguish from murder victim's family
- Berlusconi "bunga bunga" parties detailed at Italian trial
- Cops: N.M. mom chased her daughter's abductor for 7 miles