New Jersey man arrested in NYC "Cannibal Cop" case, FBI says
Michael Vanhise was arrested in Trenton and charged in federal court papers unsealed Friday in Manhattan.
The FBI says Vanhise agreed to pay $5,000 to Officer Gilberto Valle for the abduction last year. Vanhise also admitted to emailing others about kidnapping, raping and killing women and children.
Valle was charged last year with targeting victims through a law enforcement database. He allegedly wanted to kidnap, rape, kill and eat women.
The officer's lawyer says Valle was engaging in sexual fantasies and intended no violence.
- Ex-Playmate pleads guilty in immigrant smuggling case
- Missing Univ. of Chicago student's body found in lake
- FBI finds possible human remains at mobster's former home
- Report: Okla. teen vanishes while hiking in South America
- Mother of La. girl allegedly killed by brother speaks out
- Ariel Castro, alleged Cleveland kidnapper, appears in court
- Cleveland kidnap victims may get state govt. payments
- Calif. teen, once honored, now murder suspect, cops say
- Report: NFL player not ruled out as suspect in murder probe
- Steubenville teen rapist must register as sex offender
- Ind. woman, sentenced to death at 16, to be released
- Report: College student kept girl, 13, in his room for a month
- Report: Calif. man stabs father, cuts off his own hands
- Report: 2 NY men arrested in alleged radiation terror plot
- "Modern-day slavery" case "all lies," suspect's mom says
- Okla. inmate executed in the 2000 death of a couple