Florida trio arrested after police find crystal meth inside baby's shoe, report says
(CBS/AP) PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla. - Sheriff's deputies found 1.7 grams of crystal methamphetamine in a baby's shoe when they arrested three people during a New Year's Eve traffic stop in Port Charlotte, Fla.
According to a sheriff's report, a deputy stopped the vehicle Monday night after observing it veer into the center lane and then sideswiped a curb. One occupant, 41-year-old Manuel Angel Rolon, had a plastic baggie with $790 and white powder that tested positive for meth.
The deputy also spotted a baggie sticking out of 20-year-old Dodie Allyson Albritton's bra. In the back seat, he found meth inside a 1-year-old girl's shoe, which was in her mother's purse and within the baby's reach. In all, 42.3 grams of meth was seized.
Rolon, Albritton and a third passenger, 29-year-old Bret Alexander Rule, were all taken to jail and face multiple charges.
Authorities released the child to her father.
- Atty: Charges will not be dropped in Kaitlyn Hunt case
- Jury deliberates possible death sentence for Jodi Arias
- Jodi Arias, convicted killer, asks jury to spare her life
- Jodi Arias makes her opening statements to the jury
- Iowa Cops: Man suspected of abducting 2 girls found dead
- Fla. girl, 18, charged over underage same-sex relationship
- Jodi Arias talks about suicide, what she'll do with her life in prison
- Jodi Arias to speak on own behalf as jury weighs death
- Report: Dogs removed from kidnap suspect Castro's home
- Arias to jury: Alexander's death "the worst mistake of my life"
- Man charged with murder in case of missing Maine girl, 15
- Family of accidentally slain Hofstra student critical of cops
- Mom of Hailey Dunn, missing teen found dead, speaks out
- Report: Slain Conn. student Alyssiah Wiley found dismembered
- Utah police close Susan Powell case, offer new details
- 3 teens charged with raping girl, 12, putting video on web